Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by vijayaratha <ra...@wso2.com> on 2011/07/16 18:15:58 UTC

AMQ 5.4.2 /5.5 versions , poll() is not giving head element of th equeue.

Hi all,

I have only single producer and consumer..No priority set..

I'm doing polling to remove message from queue;
poll(){
  consumer = createConsumer(session,destination,jmsSpec11);
Object msg = consumer.receive();
}

i call poll() after doing peek() ..anyway poll removes the later messages of
the queue..
It shouldn't happen know?

But same code works fine in AMQ 5.3.2 version...

Any idea on this? Is there such bug in 5.4.2 version/5.5 version?
Or
Am i doing any mistake here.?

Thanks
-Ratha

Re: AMQ 5.4.2 /5.5 versions , poll() is not giving head element of th equeue.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 09:15 -0700, vijayaratha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have only single producer and consumer..No priority set..
>
> I'm doing polling to remove message from queue;
> poll(){
>   consumer = createConsumer(session,destination,jmsSpec11);
> Object msg = consumer.receive();
> }
>
> i call poll() after doing peek() ..anyway poll removes the later messages of
> the queue..
> It shouldn't happen know?
>
> But same code works fine in AMQ 5.3.2 version...
>
> Any idea on this? Is there such bug in 5.4.2 version/5.5 version?
> Or
> Am i doing any mistake here.?

Best way to get help would be to provide a unit test that shows the
problem so someone can run it and see what the behavior is you are
seeing.

Regards
Tim.
--