Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2015/08/07 02:32:14 UTC

DATASTAX COMMUNITY DEBIAN REPOSITORY ADVISORY - August 6, 2015

I'm passing this along from the DataStax Support folks.

This shouldn't affect new installs, since the install instruction will
pull the new expiry, but for users that already have a DSC/DSE Debian
repository configured, apt-get update/install will warn about the
expired key after 8/13.

curl -L http://debian.datastax.com/debian/repo_key | sudo apt-key add -

I just tested out updating the key I have in apt-key with the curl
command below, and update/install seems to work just fine.

Shout if you have any trouble!

Kind regards,
Michael

DATASTAX SUPPORT ADVISORY - August 6, 2015
* DSE Debian Repository Key *
* Set to expire August 13, 2015 *
If you have any questions, contact DataStax support.

If you install or upgrade DataStax Community (DSC) or DataStax
Enterprise (DSE) software using the Aptitude Package Management (APT)
application, please read this advisory.

The signing key used to sign the DataStax repositories will expire
August 13th. The purpose of signing the repository is to ensure software
packages come from a trusted source.  For security reasons the signing
key used by DataStax is set to expire after a certain number of years.

Required Action:
If you upgrade an existing installation or for some other reason have
the public repository key installed on your local system, please install
the new key before August 13th, 2015. The procedure to import the key or
re-import the new key has not changed.  The key can be updated by
running the command below on the server that is using the Datastax
repository.

curl -L http://debian.datastax.com/debian/repo_key | sudo apt-key add -

For more information please refer to our documentation:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/datastax_enterprise/4.7/datastax_enterprise/install/installDEBdse.html

If you have any questions or concerns please contact DataStax Support.

Thank you,
DataStax Support