Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2008/09/26 02:10:20 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sept 26, 9 am PDT

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, September 26 at 9 am PDT to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
Domestic (toll-free):  866 230-6968
International (caller-paid):  +1 213 787-0528
Access code :  294-0479#

Agenda:

1.  TCK query tests (JDO-580)
2. JDOHelper tests (JDO-582, JDO-557)
3. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Feb 1 2008] AI  Matthew see what would be needed to update the PMF
contract to support  ServiceLoader.

[Nov 30 2007] AI Christiaan propose more details on Update/copy by query
for post-JDO 2.1.

[May 25 2007]  AI everyone download the Grails demo from grails.org  and
check it out. Also look at Grails/Groovy ExpandoMetaClass that  has the
magic to avoid reflection and enhancement.

[May 25 2007] AI Matthew Adams prepare a proposal with just the basics
of schema synchronization with jdo and orm metadata.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members:  Articles on  TheServerSide
directing attention to the site. T-shirts.  AI:   Craig write a
ServerSide article.

-- Michelle

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 3, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Richard Schilling, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. JDOHelper tests (JDO-582, JDO-557) Nothing new to report.

2. JDO 2.2: JDO 2.2 release can be prepared for a vote. Craig reviewed
and approved Andy's last patch for transaction isolation and updated
the specification to reflect the changes.

DataNucleus that supports JDO 2.2 is now released, so we can spin a
JDO 2.2. release any time. There is a 7 day vote window in Apache and
the 30 day vote in JCP will conclude Oct 13.

3. Other issues

Richard is working on the documentation. Updates to javadoc that
Richard can make this weekend will be applied to the tck code base for
the release.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Feb 1 2008] AI  Matthew see what would be needed to update the PMF
contract to support  ServiceLoader.

[Nov 30 2007] AI Christiaan propose more details on Update/copy by
query for post-JDO 2.1.

[May 25 2007]  AI everyone download the Grails demo from grails.org
and check it out. Also look at Grails/Groovy ExpandoMetaClass that
has the magic to avoid reflection and enhancement.

[May 25 2007] AI Matthew Adams prepare a proposal with just the basics
of schema synchronization with jdo and orm metadata.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members:  Articles on  TheServerSide
directing attention to the site. T-shirts.  AI:   Craig write a
ServerSide article.
Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sept 26, 9 am PDT

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
> Currently, JDO 2.2 trunk depends on DataNucleus SNAPSHOT. When we
> prepare JDO 2.2. trunk for a beta we should probably depend on a
> DataNucleus beta release. Then, once the JCP approves the JDO 2.2
> Change Log (October 13), we can spin an official release of both JDO
> 2.2 and the RI DataNucleus.

DataNucleus AccessPlatform 1.0.1 was released on Tuesday this week (none
of this "beta" stuff ;-) ), and 1.1.0.M1 was similarly released then. You
should get the same TCK results with either (but makes more sense to base
a release on 1.0.1). Note that if using DN 1.1 the "java5" plugin has gone
and everything is JDK1.5+, and there's a separate "jpa" plugin.

--
Andy
DataNucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org)

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sept 26, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Richard Schilling, Craig
Russell

Agenda:

1.  TCK query tests (JDO-580) Michael attached a patch with two new
test classes and all of the tests fail. Since the failing tests are
for new features that are not well documented. AI Michael update the
JIRA with the failures and assign the JIRA to Craig.

2. JDOHelper tests (JDO-582, JDO-557) Nothing new to report.

3. Other issues

JDO 2.2 beta can be prepared for a vote. The new test case for
isolation level has a new patch supplied by Andy. AI Craig review and
approve the patch.

Currently, JDO 2.2 trunk depends on DataNucleus SNAPSHOT. When we
prepare JDO 2.2. trunk for a beta we should probably depend on a
DataNucleus beta release. Then, once the JCP approves the JDO 2.2
Change Log (October 13), we can spin an official release of both JDO
2.2 and the RI DataNucleus.

The alternative would be to simply make a final release once the JCP
approves. But it might be a good idea to spin a beta.

Thoughts?