Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by indhupriya <in...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/12 08:58:19 UTC

Syncope 'Task' table is very large / Too big. How to reduce it?

Hi,

We are facing connection slowness in syncope 2.0.2 version and sometimes we
are not even able to log into syncope because of it.
When we did further analysis, we found that the Task.idb file in MySQL
Database is too big and when we tried to optimize the table, we in-turn
found that the size of "Task" table is too large too.

Could some one help us on a possible solution to resolve the issue and how
to prevent it from future occurrence?

Thanks in Advance,
Indhu

--
Sent from: http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Syncope 'Task' table is very large / Too big. How to reduce it?

Posted by indhupriya <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Sorry for the delay in response and Thanks for the detailed explanation and
solution.
After changing the 'log' level as suggested, now the 'task' table is stable.

Thanks,
Indhupriya

Posted by Andrea Patricelli <an...@apache.org>.
Hi indhupriya,

In order to prevent uncontrolled "Task" size increment you should
properly set the trace level of the resource, for propagation and pull
operations.

You can do this in console by editing the resource (click on resource
and the on "Edit resource") and moving trace level from ALL to another
value among:
- NONE: no tasks are stored.
- SUMMARY: only a small recap of the whole execution is stored for each
task.
- FAILURES: only failed tasks are stored.

You can also do this by updating resource information through Syncope
endpoint:

http://[host]:[port]/syncope/rest/resources

Moreover also notification tasks have a specific trace level and
contribute to fill "Task" table. You can setup trace level also for them.

In order to solve your current problems you should clean your "Task"
table; the drawback is that you'll loose information about
propagation/pull tasks run on the resource.

HTH,
Andrea

Il 12/06/2018 10:58, indhupriya ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> We are facing connection slowness in syncope 2.0.2 version and sometimes we
> are not even able to log into syncope because of it.
> When we did further analysis, we found that the Task.idb file in MySQL
> Database is too big and when we tried to optimize the table, we in-turn
> found that the size of "Task" table is too large too.
>
> Could some one help us on a possible solution to resolve the issue and how
> to prevent it from future occurrence?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Indhu
>
> --