Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2021/08/30 16:41:46 UTC

Re: Scope for Next Release (1.4.0?)

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 1:04 PM Nick Couchman <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 4:15 PM Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 1:03 PM Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:

> > > Checking the commits merged since 1.3.0, I think there are a few issues
> > > missing from the already implemented/included list:
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-770 (Support for
> > > resetting TOTP within UI)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-773 (Update webapp
> > > dependencies)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-890 (Reduce Docker image
> > > privileges)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-986 (Properly document
> > > non-nullable types)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1204 (RDP support for
> > > touch event pass-through)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1218
> > (guacamole-auth-json)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1276 (Offset truncated
> > > 32 bits in RDP)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1284
> > > (OPENID_MAX_TOKEN_VALIDITY variable for Docker)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1291 (Korean
> > translation)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1339 (Spanish
> > translation
> > > updates)
> > >
> > > Additionally, the following issue was listed as possible to exclude from
> > > scope, but has associated commits merged:
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1245 (Configuration
> > > option for WoL port)
> > >
> > > I think we should also include the migration away from DocBook, as it
> > > would make the remaining documentation tasks easier and I'm almost done:
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1347
> > >
> > > I would also like to include the following if there are no objections:
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-956 (Migrate away from
> > > query parameter auth tokens)
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-641 (Support for key
> > > vaults)
> > >
> > > Both of the above should be almost complete with the exception of
> > > rebasing, final testing, and documentation.
> > >

> > The top 3 RDP-related issues also look to be low-hanging fruit:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-478 <-- Simple newline
> > translation
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-801 <-- Likely already
> > fixed
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1203 <-- May also already
> > be fixed
> >

> I'm aligned with these and I've gone through and tagged each of these
> issues with the 1.4.0 release. I've started working on a couple of the PRs
> that had comments/changes, and I'll also try to get some reviews done,
> here, soon.

Welp, I think enough time has elapsed since this discussion was called
to consider general consensus on scope achieved. ;) I've rechecked the
changes merged to master since 1.3.0 and that those JIRA issues are
properly tagged. Current scope stands at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=Project%20%3D%20GUACAMOLE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20Status%20ASC%2C%20Watchers%2C%20Votes%2C%20Priority

I'll move forward with creating the "staging/1.4.0" branches and
updating the bases of any relevant PRs.

- Mike