Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com> on 2015/10/29 22:58:54 UTC

expression "normalization"?

In order to investigate more push down scenario, I am investigating what
kind of cases we should be covering from a predicate standpoint.

I see that there is a phase called normalization, that transform the
original expression into something equivalent.

But I am not clear what it is trying to do. Is there documentation, or what
source file should I look at to understand the “normalization” phase?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Eric Owhadi

RE: expression "normalization"?

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Eric,

It's described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Architecture

See the section on Normalizer under Compiler Architecture.

Dave