Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2008/10/20 19:09:14 UTC

Re:

As much as it hurts to admit it (being a FOP developer), Antenna House
is right, I believe. The section in the spec that defines the layering
is this:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#rend-layer

I guess that slipped through the cracks and we'll need to see to it that
this gets fixed. Thanks for bringing this up.

On 20.10.2008 12:20:53 Tacio Naja Domingos wrote:

> I am running the below peace of code in both Fop 0.94 and Antenna house formatter, but get a rather different behaviour. I was hoping someone could point out which implementation is correct by directing me to the correct sentence in the FO spec.
>
> In Fop the table border is drawn below the block-container. In Antenna house formatter, the table-cell border is above the block-container but the table-cell contents are below the block-container.
>
> The code is:
>
> <fo:table width="5cm" table-layout="fixed">
>     <fo:table-body>
>         <fo:table-row>
>             <fo:table-cell border-style="solid" border-color="black" border-width="1pt">
>                 <fo:block color="red" background-color="yellow">Below
>                 <fo:block-container absolute-position="absolute" top="0.15cm" left="0.25cm">
>                         <fo:block text-align="left">
>                             <fo:inline background-color="grey" keep-together="always">Above</fo:inline>
>                         </fo:block>
>                     </fo:block-container>
> </fo:block>
>             </fo:table-cell>
>         </fo:table-row>
>     </fo:table-body>
> </fo:table>
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Tacio

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Fixing marks layering

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hmm, it doesn't look like an 5-minute fix since we have stuff like
drawBackAndBorders(). This will need to be taken apart into
drawBackground() and drawBorders(). Similarly, handle*Traits() methods
need to be split. And then lots of testing. I don't think we need to
care about breaking external renderers in this case, since we're clearly
talking about a bug here. I believe that someone who maintains a private
renderer will be interested to fix that problem, too. If there's a
reason for not breaking compatibility, please speak up ASAP.

Since I'm working in the renderer area anyway (with the new intermediate
format), I'll volunteer to fix this.

On 20.10.2008 19:09:14 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> As much as it hurts to admit it (being a FOP developer), Antenna House
> is right, I believe. The section in the spec that defines the layering
> is this:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#rend-layer
>
> I guess that slipped through the cracks and we'll need to see to it that
> this gets fixed. Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> On 20.10.2008 12:20:53 Tacio Naja Domingos wrote:
> >
> > I am running the below peace of code in both Fop 0.94 and Antenna house formatter, but get a rather different behaviour. I was hoping someone could point out which implementation is correct by directing me to the correct sentence in the FO spec.
> >
> > In Fop the table border is drawn below the block-container. In Antenna house formatter, the table-cell border is above the block-container but the table-cell contents are below the block-container.
> >
> > The code is:
> >
> > <fo:table width="5cm" table-layout="fixed">
> >     <fo:table-body>
> >         <fo:table-row>
> >             <fo:table-cell border-style="solid" border-color="black" border-width="1pt">
> >                 <fo:block color="red" background-color="yellow">Below
> >                 <fo:block-container absolute-position="absolute" top="0.15cm" left="0.25cm">
> >                         <fo:block text-align="left">
> >                             <fo:inline background-color="grey" keep-together="always">Above</fo:inline>
> >                         </fo:block>
> >                     </fo:block-container>
> > </fo:block>
> >             </fo:table-cell>