Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/24 01:48:09 UTC

Re: users-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org]

On 2011-08-23 5:08 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Larry Gusaas<la...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Perhaps you should compare to the LibreOffice user support list since they
>> have active development. There were 335 post to that list in the last week.
> Do you have any reason to think that with a new release, that support
> questions to forum and mailing lists would not increase by a similar
> factor?  Contrary any other evidence that would be the most natural
> assumption.
Of course both would increase. Did I ever suggest otherwise. Do you want to not give support to
the large number of people who prefer to use mailing lists? There is a need for both types of
support.

> Stick around a few more days. Every week or so we get another thread suggesting that we
> should create more mailing lists. Support lists are list the latest reincarnation of this..
> So it is relevant that this tendency, unopposed, led to hundreds of lists for OOo.
Nice try at re-iterating your red herring. It is still not relevant to providing support to users.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com