Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by stone2dbone <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/25 14:49:52 UTC

Nutch returns index as document

When I perform a crawl, one of the documents returned by Nutch is the index
of documents. e.g.

for a crawl of:
https://my.domain.name/inside/test/

the content of the first document is:
Index of /inside/test Index of /inside/test Parent Directory test_css.css
test_css.html test_css1.html test_css2.html test_css3.html test_css4.css
test_css4.html test_css5.cfm test_css6.cfm

How do I prevent this from happening?

regex-urlfilter.txt has the following:
# skip URLs
-^https://my.domain.name/inside/test$

# accept URLs
+^https://my.domain.name/inside/test/*

Re: Nutch returns index as document

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Seed URL are filtered during inject.
A URL rejected by rules does not get
into CrawlDb and is not crawled.

You have to take care that seed URLs pass the filters.

Posted by stone2dbone <an...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian,

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

regexes must follow the Java regex syntax, see
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

I think your intention was:

# skip .../test and .../test/
-^https://my\.domain\.name/inside/test/?$
# allow paths below .../test/
+^https://my\.domain\.name/inside/test/.+

Finally, also seeds are filtered: you cannot use
  https://my.domain.name/inside/test/
as seed URL.

Sebastian