Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2013/10/20 17:28:50 UTC

OFBiz JSON Classes

Does anyone know why we are using a JJ compiler to generate the JSON
classes in framework/base? It seems to me we could start off with
compiler-generated code, then improve it by hand.

--
Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software

Re: OFBiz JSON Classes

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
Because that's how javacc works, it takes effort to keep it from not
generating those files.

And, those aren't the same classes, btw.

The fix for this would require changing javacc to allow for a different
exception to be thrown by the generated methods; this would then mean a
shared class could be used.  javacc doesn't have such an option(at the
time these were written).

As for continuing to use javacc, and not modifying the generated files,
that's not how the GPL defines source(and yes, I know ofbiz is not gpl).
  The GPL defines source as the "preferred source for editting".

Re: OFBiz JSON Classes

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: OFBiz JSON Classes

Posted by "David E. Jones" <de...@me.com>.
Why have our own stuff at all? There are good JSON parsers and generators around, one of the best for automatic type conversions and such being the one built into Groovy (JsonSlurper, JsonBuilder, JsonOutput, etc).

-David