Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jake123 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 23:17:35 UTC

[T4.0.2] Does anybody have any insight about Portlets

Hi All,
at our company we are going to build a page where our clients will be able
to choose from maybe 10-15 different Portlets to be displayed (say that that
the page only can take 4-5 Portlets )

Example:
   ___________________
  |_____Menu_________|
  | X |                    |  X  |
  | X |                    |  X  |           X marks the Portlet
  | X |                    |      |
  |    |                    |      |
  |    |                    |      |
  ----------------------------------

Our environment are T4.0.2, Spring 2.0, Acegi 1.1, Hibernate 3.1 and Jboss
4.0.4GA

I have read the doc from
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry-portlet/ but I am not clear on
how to implement this. I have also scanned the forum for postings about
Portlets and the hits I got was either old (before the latest version of
T4.0.2) or kind of discouraging. Does anybody have any experience of using
Portlets that they want to share? Any examples of how it works and how it
goes in the project structure?

What do we need to run a Portlet in our application except the
tapestry-portlet.jar?
Can we have the Portlets in our "normal" project or does it need to be in a
separate one?
How does the application know about the Portlets available
I read in a posting that it could be a issue with using Ajax in Portlets, is
this correct?

I am really thankful for any insight, help or examples that you want to
share with the forum...

Thanks,
Jacob

Re: [T4.0.2] Does anybody have any insight about Portlets

Posted by sunilmanu <su...@gmail.com>.
I am also interested in portlets, very similar to this requirements. I also
could not find much help.
Anyone any pointers ??

thanks,
Sunil