Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/04 07:39:02 UTC

Re: Publish WSDL Safe Mode

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback Indika. I have added a simple fix to this problem
> in the trunk.

Did you remove the dummy Axis2 service you have mentioned in the earlier
post? then how the dispatching works?

thanks,
Amila.

> In the long run I think we should provide some JMX support for managing
> proxy services.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:26 PM, indika kumara <in...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I believe it is wrong to deploy an incorrect service ... so , the proxy
>> should not be deployed ....with new hot deployment support , user can
>> redeploy at later without restating the server ... or we may be able to
>> provide JMX  MBean to manually redeploy the proxy without restating the
>> server. May be nice to have a few life cycle states for a proxy ...
>>
>> Thanks
>> Indika
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <
>> hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> Synapse proxy services currently support a parameter named
>>> 'enablePublishWSDLSafeMode' which allows a proxy service to be loaded
>>> despite the availability of the WSDL. This parameter causes a dummy Axis
>>> service to be created with the default 'mediate' operation if the specified
>>> WSDL cannot be found for a proxy. IMO we should change this behavior to
>>> simply ignore the faulty proxy service and proceed with the startup. In
>>> other words it should not deploy the proxy service at all. Otherwise the
>>> clients will see it as the service interface being changed. WDYT?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --
>>> Hiranya Jayathilaka
>>> Software Engineer;
>>> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org
>>> E-mail: hiranya@wso2.com;  Mobile: +94 77 633 3491
>>> Blog: http://techfeast-hiranya.blogspot.com
>>>

> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka
> Software Engineer;
> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org
> E-mail: hiranya@wso2.com;  Mobile: +94 77 633 3491

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Publish WSDL Safe Mode

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Amila,
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Amila Suriarachchi <
>> amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Did you remove the dummy Axis2 service you have mentioned in the earlier
>>> post? then how the dispatching works?
>>>

>> The service will not be available for dispatching. The client will
>> experience a temporary service outage. That is safer than deploying a dummy
>> service which does not publish the WSDL as expected (and doesn't have the
>> expected operations) but accepts service requests.
>>

> Does these proxy services support rm, security etc.. ?

Yes they do. They are just like regular Axis2 services.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> thanks,
> Amila.
>

>> With this change the purpose of the enablePublishWSDLSafeMode parameter
>> would simply be to get Synapse up and running even when a WSDL required by a
>> particular proxy is not available.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>

>>> thanks,
>>> Amila.

>>> --
>>> Amila Suriarachchi
>>> WSO2 Inc.
>>> blog: http://amilachinthaka.blogspot.com/
>>>

>> --
>> Hiranya Jayathilaka
>> Software Engineer;
>> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org
>> E-mail: hiranya@wso2.com;  Mobile: +94 77 633 3491

> Amila Suriarachchi
> WSO2 Inc.

Hiranya Jayathilaka
Software Engineer;
WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org

Re: Publish WSDL Safe Mode

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Re: Publish WSDL Safe Mode

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila,

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <
> hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the feedback Indika. I have added a simple fix to this problem
>> in the trunk.
>

> Did you remove the dummy Axis2 service you have mentioned in the earlier
> post? then how the dispatching works?

The service will not be available for dispatching. The client will
experience a temporary service outage. That is safer than deploying a dummy
service which does not publish the WSDL as expected (and doesn't have the
expected operations) but accepts service requests.

With this change the purpose of the enablePublishWSDLSafeMode parameter
would simply be to get Synapse up and running even when a WSDL required by a
particular proxy is not available.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> thanks,
> Amila.
>

>> In the long run I think we should provide some JMX support for managing
>> proxy services.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:26 PM, indika kumara <in...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I believe it is wrong to deploy an incorrect service ... so , the proxy
>>> should not be deployed ....with new hot deployment support , user can
>>> redeploy at later without restating the server ... or we may be able to
>>> provide JMX  MBean to manually redeploy the proxy without restating the
>>> server. May be nice to have a few life cycle states for a proxy ...
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Indika

>> --
>> Hiranya Jayathilaka