Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> on 2009/10/15 23:22:34 UTC

Strange behavior in hudson when using "-Dmaven.repo.local"

Hi all,

I'm sending this to both the maven and the hudson list, because I'm not
sure who's causing the problem...

When I build my project in Hudson, I use the flag 'Use private Maven
repository', to make sure my builds don't conflict and actually build with
the dependencies that are available in remote repos.
Now, on hudson I see maven download (so far) 2 POMs to the default local
repo (~/.m2/repository) AND the configured repo. I then tried the
command-line that hudson uses on a local machine and here this does NOT
happen!

The POMs that are downloaded are (so far) always the parent-POMs that are
not in the current project-tree (in this case it's 2 of our company-wide
POMs).

Since all other dependencies seem to be going to the right repository, I
don't think this will actually influence my builds, although I can't be
100% sure.

So, my question is, does anybody else have this behavior? And should I
question the results that hudson gives me?

Would be great if one of the devs of either maven or hudson (or both)
could take a look at this!

Thanks.

Roland

Re: Strange behavior in hudson when using "-Dmaven.repo.local"

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
I haven't used that option specifically, but I define my repos with
the -Dmaven.repo.local=xxx command in the build, and everything
behaves normally.