Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 17:38:23 UTC

Passing commands to sqline

Hi all,

I am trying to read some parquet files using local mode, but I can not tell
the sqlline class to use both options. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

This works:
./bin/sqlline -u jdbc:drill:schema=parquet-local -n admin -p admin

This also works:
./bin/sqlline -u jdbc:drill:zk=local -n admin -p admin

This doesn't work:
./bin/sqlline -u jdbc:drill:schema=parquet-local:zk=local -n admin -p admin

Thanks!

Renato M.

Re: Passing commands to sqline

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately I don not have edit permissions myself. I guess Jacques might
be able to help  with this.

Peace,
Yash

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hey man,

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Awesome !!

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Yash! that worked.

Renato M.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
My bad, the correct syntax has a semi colon between the properties (but not
the scheme).  Can you try the following?

./bin/sqlline -u "jdbc:drill:zk=local;schema=parquet-local"

As far as the data goes, our current default tpch data doesn't include
Parquet embedded schema.  As such, we return varbinary.  If you want to
look at the data, you have to cast to varchar(255) or similar.  We plan on
replacing the default tpchd data so that is encoded that way.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 2:06 AM, Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
And when I do:

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,