Posted to test-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2005/05/10 05:55:59 UTC

moving the testing doc

So the next stage is probably to move:

svn move src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod \
          src/projects/Apache-Test/user/perl/guide.pod

is that good? I suppose it'd be a good idea to split it in smaller docs?

- then we will need to update all links from other docs and projects

- and we will need to add a rewrite rule, to help users to find the new doc:
/docs/general/testing/testing.html =>
projects/Apache-Test/user/perl/index.html

Re: moving the testing doc

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jim Martinez wrote:
> On May 9 Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>So the next stage is probably to move:
>>
>>svn move src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod \
>>          src/projects/Apache-Test/user/perl/guide.pod
>>
>>is that good? I suppose it'd be a good idea to split it in smaller docs?
>

> I like it.  Thanks.
>
> The testing document mentions Bug reporting skeletons:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#References
>
> Can the title be changed to something like:
>
> "Skeletons for use as a starting point as well as Bug Reporting"
>
> Not only can that tar ball be used for bug reporting skeletons, but also
> as a starting point for working with AT.

right, in fact there are bug skeletons here:

http://people.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-apache.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp1.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz

I'll change that bit, but in the future, we'd prefer to get patches
against .pod source files [1]. and if you send lots of these it shouldn't
take too long before we get you a commit access, Jim :)

[1] http://perl.apache.org/download/docs.html

Thanks :)

Re: moving the testing doc

Posted by Jim Martinez <jj...@bigbigorg.org>.
On May 9 Stas Bekman wrote:

> So the next stage is probably to move:
>
> svn move src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod \
>           src/projects/Apache-Test/user/perl/guide.pod
>
> is that good? I suppose it'd be a good idea to split it in smaller docs?

I like it.  Thanks.

The testing document mentions Bug reporting skeletons:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#References

Can the title be changed to something like:

"Skeletons for use as a starting point as well as Bug Reporting"

Not only can that tar ball be used for bug reporting skeletons, but also
as a starting point for working with AT.

Jim