Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.net> on 2018/01/01 10:27:50 UTC

Re: problem with viewvc

On 2017-12-27 17:46:17 -0600, Greg Stein wrote:
> Hi Vincent, Daniel,
>
> The problem is that the "modified" link for branches/1.9.x/ produces a page
> with a log of ALL the modifications EVER made in that branch. You're
> talking about thousands of log entries from the past couple/three years.
> The page simply takes way too long to generate, so the proxy (gunicorn)
> times out.
>
> Stick to the "modified" links for individual files or subdirectories, and
> ignore the one for the main branch :-)

OK, but I think that a clearer error message, such as "Page too large",
would be better. Alternatively, make ViewVC suppress links yielding
such issues, if possible.

FYI, I hoped to see there a "Diff to previous" link to the patch
corresponding to the changeset r1814248, instead of having to look
at every diff for individual files. Otherwise I cannot find such a
link. This is rather annoying.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>