Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vp...@selectica.com> on 2007/08/13 19:47:38 UTC

[AXIS2] Which axis2 1.3 jars to bundle

Forwarding with [AXIS2] prefix and some updates.

I added the following jars:

- axis2-kernel-1.3.jar, axis2-ant-plugin-1.3.jar, axis2-codegen-1.3.jar,
axis2-mtompolicy-1.3.jar, axis2-LICENSE.txt

- activation, commons-codec-1.3.jar, commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar,
logging and xbean2.2.0 jars

What are the following jars for / Do I need them:

- annogen-0.1.0.jar

- axis2-metadata-1.3.jar

- commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar

- commons-io-1.2.jar

- httpcore-4.0-alpha5.jar

- mex-impl-1.3.jar

I did not add wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar, my impression being the
axis2-codegen-1.3 and axis2-ant-plugin jars should be sufficient to add
a wsdl2java task in my buildfile. Is that accurate?

________________________________

Posted by Chad La Joie <la...@georgetown.edu>.
The following is just a guess from personal experience.  Hopefully some
of the Axis developers will confirm or correct.

Pantvaidya, Vishwajit wrote:
> What are the following jars for / Do I need them:
>
> - annogen-0.1.0.jar

Used for code generation. Probably used, at least, in JSR-181 support on
client and server side.  Only needed if you're using JSR-181.

> - axis2-metadata-1.3.jar

Used in WS-MetadataExchange (MeX) support on both client and server
side.  Only needed if you're using MeX.

> - commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar

Used for handling multi-part MIME HTTP POSTs.  Probably just needed on
the server side.

> - commons-io-1.2.jar

Helper library for IO abstractions and operations.  Probably needed at
both the client and server.

> - httpcore-4.0-alpha5.jar

HTTP server support for standalone Axis server.  Probably don't need if
you're embedding the server and probably never on the client.

--
Chad La Joie             2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware           202.687.0124