Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2001/09/08 15:42:29 UTC

Answers to PROPATCH and other questions

Here are the answers you requested.

Vijaya Kumar wrote:
<snip>

>  I run the same code with "webdav/Domain.xml" as it is in the webdav
> folder, I found the same headers to be passed to the server what you passed
> to it. And the response is not with multistatus, with 200 Ok. If you dont
> mind, can you test this code with webdav of Tomcat server.

> >   Whats the stand of Tomcat 4.0 b7 regarding PROPPATCH header in DAV
 > > Protocol. Does it supports PROPPATCH or not.
 >
 > No.
 >
 > > All other headers except
 > > PROPPATCH is working fine, but later is always responded with HTTP 200 Ok
 > > status but the operation is not success. Can any one have idea...Plz advice.
 >
 > Ok, I'll have it return something else. 403 or 501.
 >
 > Remy

With TOMCAT WEBDAV you get a response 200 on proppatch even it is not supported.
Remy confirmed it to you and is going to change that.

Back to the slide webdav...

> As u said I have created one folder inside Slide folder
> /files/a  in the webapps, then try to find the PROPFIND for that , but I get
> not found in .
Did you use a webdav client to create that folder ?
Slide stores its structure in a structure store (memory or database) and if you
create a directory on disk (content store), slide doesn't know about it.

> When I try to PROPPATCH  403 Forbidden appears.
Look at the bottom of domain.xml there are some lines you have to uncomment to give
the guest user read/write access.

>  Is it possible to change any of one/more properties of the DAV resource say
>  add new property like author.
>  <author>
>      <name>somebody</name>
>      <href>somebody@somewhere.com</href>
>  </author>
Yes, you can add any property you want, the property value must be valid XML like
your example.

>  How to overcome this problem. B'cas when I go through the
>  redirection draft, when creating new resource I need to change its
>  resourcetype property to "redirected-ref". Plz advice.
The redirection draft and MKRESOURCE isn't supported yet in slide.
But you can do a proppatch on the resourcetype.
I just created a collection and changed its resourcetype.

Dirk