Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Lemes <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/29 21:39:34 UTC

Text to Binary

I have a text file in repository (Embarcadero ER/Studio Model File).

I wanna change this file to binary. Anyone knows how to do it?

This file is stored in a weird format. This is a text file with not a
human-readable content... :-S

[]'s

Eric Lemes

Re: Text to Binary

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 29, 2006, at 23:39, Eric Lemes wrote:

> I have a text file in repository (Embarcadero ER/Studio Model File).
>
> I wanna change this file to binary. Anyone knows how to do it?
>

> This file is stored in a weird format. This is a text file with not
> a human-readable content... :-S

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish. Subversion
sees all files as binary internally. If you're saying that you see
the file's contents when using a command like "svn diff", and you'd
rather see the message that it's a binary file, then all you need to
do is change its MIME type to something that doesn't start with
"text/". It's in the book:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/
svn.advanced.props.html#svn.advanced.props.special.mime-type

(Please pardon my email client if it breaks the above URL.)