Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/05/16 08:14:01 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/ssl mod_ssl.c mod_ssl.h ssl_engine_config.c ssl_engine_init.c ssl_engine_io.c ssl_engine_kernel.c ssl_engine_log.c

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 06:09:14AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/05/15 23:09:14
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                docs/conf ssl-std.conf
>                docs/manual/mod mod_ssl.xml
>                modules/ssl mod_ssl.c mod_ssl.h ssl_engine_config.c
>                         ssl_engine_init.c ssl_engine_io.c
>                         ssl_engine_kernel.c ssl_engine_log.c
>   Log:
>   Remove SSLLog and SSLLogLevel directives in favor of having mod_ssl use the
>   standard ErrorLog directives.

This commit completes the SSLLog and SSLLogLevel directive removal.
This brings mod_ssl in line with the rest of the server and uses
the standard logging calls.

The only thing I wonder is whether SSLLog and SSLLogLevel should be
marked as deprecated (via ap_set_deprecated) or whether we should
silently ignore these directives.  Thoughts?  -- justin

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:19:50PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:14:01PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > The only thing I wonder is whether SSLLog and SSLLogLevel should be
> > marked as deprecated (via ap_set_deprecated) or whether we should
> > silently ignore these directives.  Thoughts?  -- justin
>
> I would be strongly opposed to silently ignoring any deprecated directives
> during the 2.0 cycle. Admins may still be using these directives, and
> it will confuse the heck out of them if we don't provide some feedback
> that they are no longer in use.

Oops, forgot to mention that I'm all in favor of using ap_set_deprecated.

-aaron

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.