Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ibrahim Yakti <iy...@souq.com> on 2013/01/14 15:12:50 UTC

Hbase tables disappear

Hello,

I have a weird issue, I am using sqoop to import data from MySQL into
HBase, sqoop confirms that 2.5 million records were imported, when I do
count "table_name" in HBase shell it returns numbers like:

260970 row(s) in 20.4740 seconds

(I have used sqoop to import same data from mysql to hive and it worked
smoothly without any problem)

when I run the count command again the number may change without any change
to the table, the other weird issue, if I reboot the server and run HBase
shell all the tables will be disappeared and I have to create them again.

I created a Hive external table from one of these HBase tables, when I run
a query like:

select count(1) from table_name;

it returns a number that is very different from the count of HBase command.

Any idea what is going and where the problem is?

Thanks in advanced.

--
Ibrahim

Re: Hbase tables disappear

Posted by Ibrahim Yakti <iy...@souq.com>.
I'm using cdh4 on ec2

HBase 0.92
Sqoop 1.4.2

I'll double check versions tomorrow.

when I reboot all the tables are deleted, I'll check the default location
tomorrow as well.

What about the weird count issue?

Thanks,
Ibrahim

Sent from another galaxy device.

Re: Hbase tables disappear

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: Hbase tables disappear

Posted by Aleksandr Shulman <al...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Ibrahim,

Thanks for reporting the issue you are seeing. Would you be able to provide
a little more information about the version of HBase and Sqoop that you are
using?

Also, have you checked in HDFS to see If your data is there after reboot?

-Aleks S.

--
Best Regards,

Aleks Shulman