Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Sam Lee <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/27 01:01:17 UTC

Review of Using Compass With Lucene to Index Database?

Hi,
 I just found a open source project called Compass
that works with Lucene to index database like mysql.
Has anyone used it?  If so, please let us know what
you think about Compass.

Many thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Review of Using Compass With Lucene to Index Database?

Posted by Vinny <xa...@gmail.com>.
Here is the url for others:
http://www.compassframework.org/display/SITE/Home
This is a very impressive project. Seems to add a more abstract layer on top
of lucene.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On 26 Oct 2005, at 20:15, Sam Lee wrote:

> Are Compass Framework and DBsight the only 2 options
> for indexing DB so far?

Or probably 10 lines of JDBC and Lucene API code (just to index, of
course).

     Erik

Re: Review of Using Compass With Lucene to Index Database?

Posted by Sam Lee <vi...@yahoo.com>.

http://www.theserverside.com/tss?service=direct/0/NewsThread/threadViewer.markNoisy.link&sp=l35679&sp=l180646

Posted by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com>.