Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Corbin, James" <jc...@iqnavigator.com> on 2011/06/01 16:56:26 UTC

RefreshingView - Comparing Items in List Model

I am using a RefreshingView for a fairly simple table layout with the exception that one of columns in the table contains actions to move rows up and down (e.g., re-order rows).

My model for the RefreshingView is basically a List<IModel<T>> where T is my POJO.

The approach I was going to take was to have the buttons (move up/down) manipulate the underlying model by repositioning the IModel<T> instances in the ordered List.  In order to do this, I need to identify the index position of a particular item (IModel<T>) in the list.

My T instances have equals and hashcode defined, but wondered if my IModel<T> instances need to be detachable models that also define hashcode and equals as well.

Is this the right approach?

J.D.

Re: RefreshingView - Comparing Items in List Model

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
alternatively override renderiterator() and sort your items there.

-igor

Posted by "Corbin, James" <jc...@iqnavigator.com>.