Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2014/06/09 16:25:24 UTC

Re: Let's fix the Rat Check usability fail

Hi,

Sorry for being late to the discussion. Here are my thoughts on the subject.

I agree that we should turn on Rat by default for all our projects
within Apache Maven. There are still a bunch of projects that
currently fail the Rat check, see private area in svn for more info.
Some of them fail because Rat 0.10 doesn't correctly identify certain
file types. Others fail because they have files without license
headers. These need to either add license headers or add exclusions to
the project's configuration.

I've been tweaking Rat to cover everything we need when it comes to
file type detection and 0.11-SNAPSHOT is working fine for me. Let me
try to push for a release of Rat so that we can take advantage of the
improvements in the newer version.

--
Dennis Lundberg