Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gaurav Bhatnagar <ga...@cdotd.ernet.in> on 2002/02/08 06:15:05 UTC

How to enable validation by Xerces in Castor-XML

Hello Everybody ,
      I am using castor version 0.9.3.9 with xerces-j 1.4.0 on a windows
Me machine and i want to validate my XML documents by xerces-j parser and
at the same i want to turn off validation by marshalling framework.For
this to happen i have set following properties in the castor.properties
file.
   org.exolab.castor.parser.validation=true
   org.exolab.castor.parser.namespaces=true
   org.exolab.castor.marshalling.validation=false
but after setting the above properties no error is reported.
I have checked and I am sure that classpath for castor.properties is
perfectly right.
    Actually I want to generate error codes as specified by
document www.w3.org/TR/xmlSchema-1/#outcomes in castor-XML.Xerces-j
generates error in the above form.
Castor-Xml on occurence of error reports error by giving it's XPath and a
short deccription.
                           Thanking you,
                                                         yours sincerely
                                                        Gaurav Bhatnagar