Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/27 10:26:48 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "ContentTrackApacheConUs2009" by JukkaZitting

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JukkaZitting:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ContentTrackApacheConUs2009

The comment on the change is:
Initial planning page for the proposed content track

New page:
This page is for planning the proposed "Content Technology" track at the [http://www.us.apachecon.com/ ApacheCon US 2009].

= Proposal =

The Jackrabbit and Sling projects would like to organize a "Content Technology" track at the ApacheCon US 2009. The track would be focused on content repositories and content management based on the JCR and CMIS standards.

We estimate that we could do something like a half-day track followed by a more informal meetup in the evening. This would be a natural extension to the meetups and normal sessions we've had in previous ApacheCons.

We could also enlarge the scope of the track to cover a wider range of projects like Cocoon, Lenya, Portals, POI, etc. in which case the track could cover even something like 1-2 days. However, such plans are mostly speculative at the moment.

The target audience of this track would mostly consist of web developers and CMS (both web and enterprise) developers and integrators. We might also do a more business-oriented session on the current status of standardization in the content management industry.

= Interested Projects =

   * [http://jackrabbit.apache.org/ Apache Jackrabbit]
   * [http://incubator.apache.org/sling/ Apache Sling]
   * Apache Chemistry (pending for incubation)
   * [http://poi.apache.org/ Apache POI]
   * [http://lenya.apache.org/ Apache Lenya]

= Proposed Sessions =

TBD (need the proposals that were already submitted)