Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tâm Huynh <ta...@nterra.com> on 2003/05/05 15:50:12 UTC

Re: Configuration of LDAP (iPlanet Directory Server 5.1)

Hi Chris,

I also want to integrate jetspeed with the iPlanet Server 5.1,
and I'm also stuck trying to imort the jetspeed.ldif file.
Have you succeeded by now? It would be great if you could
let me (and the list) know.

I logged into iPlanet as "cn=Directory Manager", which avoids
the 'Insufficient access' errors that you had. I imported the
schema file manually, using the iPlanet Console.

However, I still get errors like the following one when I try
to import the file with the iPlanet console:

"uid=personalize, ou=permissions, ou=jetspeed, o=apache:
Object 'dn: uid=personalize, ou=permissions, ou=jetspeed,
o=apache' has been skipped.  Unknown record type."

I did read the following lines from Raphael, but frankly I don't
know what they mean. E.g., I don't know how to convert the entries
for slapd.conf and ldap.conf (described in "ldap-notes.txt") to ldif
format.

 > [...] iPleant 5.1 has standardized on the LDIF syntax for its config,
 > so you need to convert the slapd.conf format to the LDIF format
 > and:
 > either modify the schema through a LDAP update of the standard
 > "cn=3Dschema" LDAP schema object,
 > or put the LDIF config file in (slapd-<yourserver>/config/schema).
 > Check the above directory for syntax examples.

Thanks for any help,
    Tâm

Posted by Tâm Huynh <ta...@nterra.com>.
Hi,

I just succeeded in adding the ldif file. Apparently
I had a spelling mistake in one of the attributes.
Sorry for posting so early.

Thanks,
Tâm