Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/16 21:27:11 UTC

Re: File Extension

On 16.02.2004 18:52, Gerd Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I specify the file extension that a serializer uses to
> write a file on disk when running Cocoon 2.0 in CLI mode ? E.g. I use
> the XML-serializer and Cocoon always appends .xml to file filename,
> but I need another extension.
>
> Thanks,
> gerd

Hello Gerd,

(some known name (from real life) on the list ...)

I'm not the CLI expert, I only followed the development of it loosely.
For 2.0 I can only point you to the documentation on the wiki:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine204.
The CLI in 2.1 got a major refactoring, the documentation for it can be
found at: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine (could of
course already be outdated again). The latest documentation for the
parameters can be found in the file cli.xconf:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/cli.xconf

IIRC you can at least parameter that prevents the mimetype dependent
file extension replacing, from cli.xconf I guess this parameter is
confirm-extensions:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/cli.xconf?annotate=1.12#37

But this is about 2.1 and you asked about 2.0 - no chance to update?

And as CLI expert I recommend you Upayavira (hope he is reading it).

Joerg

Re: File Extension

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 16.02.2004 18:52, Gerd Mueller wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How do I specify the file extension that a serializer uses to write a
>> file on disk when running Cocoon 2.0 in CLI mode ? E.g. I use
>> the XML-serializer and Cocoon always appends .xml to file filename,
>> but I need another extension.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> gerd
>

> Hello Gerd,
>
> (some known name (from real life) on the list ...)
>
> I'm not the CLI expert, I only followed the development of it loosely.
> For 2.0 I can only point you to the documentation on the wiki:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine204.
> The CLI in 2.1 got a major refactoring, the documentation for it can
> be found at: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine
> (could of course already be outdated again). The latest documentation
> for the parameters can be found in the file cli.xconf:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/cli.xconf
>
> IIRC you can at least parameter that prevents the mimetype dependent
> file extension replacing, from cli.xconf I guess this parameter is
> confirm-extensions:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/cli.xconf?annotate=1.12#37
>
> But this is about 2.1 and you asked about 2.0 - no chance to update?
>
> And as CLI expert I recommend you Upayavira (hope he is reading it).

Yup. I am reading this!

Cocoon 2.0 is very different to 2.1. 2.1 has developed a lot since.

To explain how 2.0 does it. If you have a page called index.html, it
will go get the content, and confirm that the content type is in fact
HTML, and then leave the extension as is. If the content type is
different, it will append the correct extension for that content type to
the filename. It will fix all links within the site to match.

This functionality is optional in the 2.1 CLI. And, from 2.1.3, there is
an Ant task which integrates nicely into Ant build scripts.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Upayavira