Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004 <AN...@motorola.com> on 2001/02/28 01:15:05 UTC

How does nested syntax in property attribute work

Hi,

In some of the e-mails I have seen nested syntax being used for property attribute, e.g.,

what does that mean? Is it that the getMailingAddress() method of the bean will be called, and then what is ".street" for?

-Nimmi

How does nested syntax in property attribute work

Posted by Nick Afshartous <ni...@proactcorp.com>.
Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004 writes:
 > In some of the e-mails I have seen nested syntax being used for property attribute, e.g.,

 > what does that mean? Is it that the getMailingAddress() method of
the bean will be called,

Yes.

 > and then what is ".street" for?

the property reference above translates to

     getMailingAddress().getstreet()

Clink on the link to "Bean tags" on the Struts home page for more
info.
--

	Nick

Re: How does nested syntax in property attribute work

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 06:15:05PM -0600, Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In some of the e-mails I have seen nested syntax being used for property attribute, e.g.,

> what does that mean? Is it that the getMailingAddress() method of the bean will be called, and then what is ".street" for?
>
> -Nimmi

.street is the getStreet( ) method of the object returned by the
getMailingAddress( ) method of the acion bean tied to the action
of the surrounding html:form. This simple is that.        incze