Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McClure, Timothy J(GE Infrastructure)" <Ti...@ge.com> on 2004/02/05 18:52:49 UTC

Weird tomcat/java problem need help

I am experiencing a bizzarre Java/Tomcat problem.  We are using tomcat 4.1.27 and sun  jvm 4.2 on windows.  A couple of machines (not all machines) when bring up Tomcat and then try to bring on any other Java application and other java apps freeze.  However if I bring up the client before the server the server comes up and everything works.  When it does not work there are no errors in any logs.  What resource could the jvm or tomcat being locking that prevents other java apps from?  Any input to this problem will be greatly approeciated.

Tim