Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Hansen, Richard" <Ri...@westgroup.com> on 2001/05/15 16:07:42 UTC

Interop sample question

I downloaded a recent nightly build with the interop samples that Greg
Daniels added and I am curious about something. Why is it necessary to
create a custom serializer/deserializer for the soap struct? Why doesn't it
work with the BeanSerializer?

I have a complex type I have been trying to get to work with the MS tool kit
for a while now. When doing Java client to Java service the BeanSerializer
works fine. But when doing VB client to Java service I have to use a custom
serializer for my complex type. No changes to the WSDL, just changing the
serializer class in the deployment descriptor.

If those involved with the interop testing were to post experiences and tips
I am sure many folks would be extremely grateful. Also it might be nice to
include a WSDL file with the interop samples. I have one if it is needed.

Rick Hansen