Posted to general@james.apache.org by Maxime Lévesque <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/15 18:03:35 UTC

Simple SMTP service that dumps raw emails in a database table

Here is my need :

 I want to write a service that listens on a port for incoming mail via SMTP
and
 stores it in a database table, in the raw MIME format, so they can be
processed
 later with Mim4J.

 I know that Mailets do this, but they store them in their internal table
(it seems
 as if active MQ also stores them in a spool table).

 What I want is the most minimalist solution, idealy if would depend on as
few
 components as possible, and have as little config as possible.

 Thanks

Re: Simple SMTP service that dumps raw emails in a database table

Posted by Maxime Lévesque <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well almost, once dumped in the BD (and the transaction commited), I want to
read the raw email
(I'm thinking that Mime4J would be the way to parse it an extract the
standard info from it), then
flag the row as processed, and later on delete it...

Thanks !

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi there,