Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by vinothk <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/15 15:58:38 UTC

Installing components - no response on console

I am trying to install the component in servicemix 3.1.2 using the gudilines
in the following url

http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/13-beginner-about-components.html

I have copied the following zip files from components folder to the install
folder

servicemix-shared-3.1.2-installer
servicemix-http-3.1.2-installer
servicemix-jsr181-3.1.2-installer

As per the tutorial in the url the consloe should display the Logger info
messages regarding the installtion of the component. But I am not getting
any Info  messages for the installation of these three zip files.

Some one can help me in this? I am not sure whether those components are
installed or not?

Re: Installing components - no response on console

Posted by Pieter Delmee <in...@rocadel.nl>.
also make sure your active directory is apache-servicemix when you start
and not the bin directory

Posted by Pieter Delmee <in...@rocadel.nl>.
Maybe you need to copy components/lib/servicemix-components-3.1.2.jar to
lib/optional/

Have a look at data/log/servicemix.log to check for errors

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Vinoth,

I make a mistake here, hotdeploy feature is from 3.2. Sorry for the confuse.
For 3.1.2, the folder where you start servermix.sh(.bat), this folder
would be monitored by the servicemix, and in this folder you should see
install, deploy subfolder is created, so you need copy components to
this new created install folder.
For example, in folder /local/test, you start servicemix by run
"$SERVICEMIX_HOME/bin/servicemix", then in /local/test, you should see
some new created subfolder like
/local/test/install
/local/test/deploy
/local/test/data
You need copy components what you want to the /local/test/install in
this case and you will see component install info from servicemix console.
Only in case you start servicemix.sh(.bat) from $SERVICEMIX_HOME, the
default $SERVICEMIX_HOME/install is uesd.

Best Regards
Freeman

Posted by vinothkumar purushothaman <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

  In my service mix 3.1.2 instalation the SERVICEMIX_HOME/install foler has only a readme file before executing servicemix.bat and after executing servicemix.bat file. There are no updations to the folder. Alwasy the console shows the same following messages

  As you said I have removed the install folder and restarted servicemix but the install folder is not created again.

  Thanks,
  Vinoth

    From 3.1.2, by default all components in SERVICEMIX_HOME/hotdeploy folder

Re: Installing components - no response on console

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.