Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/10 22:10:21 UTC

Typo in CommitLog.java: maxiumum s.b. maximum

I was baffled why I couldn't find a user's reported log message of
"Mutation 32MB too large for maximum size of 16Mb" even when I searched
GitHub for "too large for maximum size". The reason my search failed was
that the user (or their email client) must have corrected the typo in the
message that the code actually produces - the code has the text "too large
for the maxiumum size", when "maxiumum" should be "maximum".

In CommitLog.java, the current code in the add method in trunk:

        if (totalSize > MAX_MUTATION_SIZE)
        {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException(String.format("Mutation of
%s is too large for the maxiumum size of %s",

 FBUtilities.prettyPrintMemory(totalSize),

 FBUtilities.prettyPrintMemory(MAX_MUTATION_SIZE)));
        }

The corrected code:

        if (totalSize > MAX_MUTATION_SIZE)
        {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException(String.format("Mutation of
%s is too large for the maximum size of %s",

 FBUtilities.prettyPrintMemory(totalSize),

 FBUtilities.prettyPrintMemory(MAX_MUTATION_SIZE)));
        }

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Typo in CommitLog.java: maxiumum s.b. maximum

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <be...@datastax.com>.
Hi Jack,

Thanks for reporting the problem. I will fix it.

Benjamin