Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dmitrij Sakara <dm...@epfl.ch> on 2004/10/27 17:24:21 UTC

NullPointerException while matix transformation

Hi all,

I have the following code for transformation element coordinates to
screen:

Element root = svgElement.getOwnerDocument().getDocumentElement();
SVGMatrix matrix = ((SVGTransformable)
svgElement).getTransformToElement((SVGElement) root);
SVGPoint p = new SVGOMPoint(0, 0);
p = p.matrixTransform(matrix);

I receive the nullPointerException during the matrixTransform execution

java.lang.NullPointerException
            at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGLocatableSupport$4.getAffineTransform(Unknow
n Source)
            at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.AbstractSVGMatrix.getA(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMPoint.matrixTransform(Unknown Source)

Variables matrix and p are not null. What can be a problem?

Dmitrij SAKARA

STI IPR LICP
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
Me - Ecublens
CH-1015 Lausanne
Switzerland

Tel. : +41 (0)21 / 693 5913
Fax. : +41 (0)21 / 693 3509

e-mail : dmitrij.sakara@epfl.ch

My office at EPFL: http://map.epfl.ch/?room=MEA1382

Re: NullPointerException while matix transformation

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Dmitrij,

    Most likely svgElement is no in the rendering tree.
This generally means that it either has 'display="none"' or
is in a 'defs' section.

    The other possibility is that the document is not setup
to be 'dynamic' - which using the SVG DOM requires.

    We should really check this in the call to getTransformToElement,
but we don't.