Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2020/08/19 17:19:03 UTC

Tomcat and CLoudWatch

Is anyone successfully monitoring Tomcat JMX beans on Amazon
CloudWatch?  This shouldn't be that difficult.  But we are hitting a
brick wall.  Can't get anything to work that is recommended on forums.

Thx

Re: Tomcat and CLoudWatch

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Jake,

<https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudWatch/latest/monitoring/CloudWatch-Agent-custom-metrics-collectd.html>

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 11:34 AM Christopher Schultz <
> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
> Jerry,

> What have you tried so far?
>
> -chris

Seems like fluentd would be another approach. I haven't tried it yet,
but the following links look promising.

Cloudwatch - albeit with a Kubernetes cluster
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudWatch/latest/monitoring/Container-Insights-setup-logs.html

Fluentd JMX plugin
https://github.com/hidsuzuk/fluent-plugin-jmx/blob/master/README.md

This looks workable, although it may be a bit heavy for a per-EC2
implementation.

I'm slowly working on dockerizing and containerizing a bunch of
applications running on Tomcat. This is the monitoring approach that I'm
considering.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

Re: Tomcat and CLoudWatch