Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oliver Block <li...@oliver-block.eu> on 2009/06/22 17:01:45 UTC

jaas.config / JAASRealms

Hello,

on the development pc I've put the jaas.config file to my home directory. As I
am running tomcat from netbeans, that's no problem. I've modified
jdk/jre/lib/security/java.security to find the jaas.config.

Is it compatible with the jaas design to keep web applicaton specific
jaas.config files and are there any directives for web.xml to declare the
path to jaas.config?

Best Regards,

Oliver Block

RE: jaas.config / JAASRealms

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Oliver Block [mailto:lists@oliver-block.eu]
> Subject: jaas.config / JAASRealms
>
> I've modified jdk/jre/lib/security/java.security to
> find the jaas.config.

Not a good idea, since that affects every Java execution on that system.  Better to specify the location via the java.security.auth.login.config system property.

> Is it compatible with the jaas design to keep web applicaton
> specific jaas.config files

I don't believe so; JAAS appears to be for the whole JVM instance, not individual webapps.

> are there any directives for web.xml to declare the
> path to jaas.config?

No, the servlet spec is agnostic when it comes to the actual authentication mechanism.

 - Chuck