Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bernd pier <nc...@netcologne.de> on 2003/07/02 14:15:01 UTC

tomcat and xp

hi,
i`ve installed tomcat 5.0 on windows xp, using j2sdk1.4.2. i´ve set
JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME, but tomcat won`t start.
i have use the installer from tomcat, so i try to run tomcat from the
command line and from the startmenu, but when try to connect
http://lodalhost:8080/ i got localhost.au.net or something like that, so i
try the installer from tomcat 4.1.18 and ups, it works, i did the same
steps like i did at version 5.0.
makes me wonder and so i look into the services and find tomcat 50 and run
it got following error:

Der Dienst Apache Tomcat auf Lokalem Computer konnte nicht gestartet werden.
Fehler 1053: Der Dienst antwortet nicht rechtzeitig auf die Start- oder
Steuerungsanforderung

excuse me but i`m a german so i translate:
the service Apache Tomcat on localhost couldn`t launch
error 1053: the serivce didn`t response in time
did anybody got an idea?
thanx in advance
             bernd