Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> on 2005/07/04 22:17:11 UTC

[all][sandbox] removing promoted components

AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
following directories.  This is just a start..

/jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/math

Also, seems like we could move the tags in
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
/jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 15:17 -0500, Tim O'Brien wrote:
> AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
> doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
> migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
> following directories.  This is just a start..
>
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/math

+1

good plan :)

- robert

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1 to removing math

Phil

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
Simon Kitching wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 23:53 +0200, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>

>>On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> wrote:
>>

>>>AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
>>>doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
>>>migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
>>>following directories.  This is just a start..
>>>
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/math
>>>
>>>Also, seems like we could move the tags in
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
>>>/jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags
>>>

>>While you're at it, you could also remove commons-sql (migrated to
>>db.apache.org/ddlutils) :-)
>>

>+1 on removing Digester sandbox stuff.

done.

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> wrote:
> AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
> doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
> migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
> following directories.  This is just a start..
>
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/math
>
> Also, seems like we could move the tags in
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
> /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags

While you're at it, you could also remove commons-sql (migrated to
db.apache.org/ddlutils) :-)

Tom

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Tim O'Brien wrote:
>
>> Also, seems like we could move the tags in
>> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
>> /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags
>

> No problem as long as we preserve the history of the work done on
> [configuration] when it was in the sandbox.

History is all there after an svn rm (that's the good thing about svn
vs. cvs), you can still backtrack to a revision that has the releases.
I'll "svn rm configuration"

Tim O'Brien

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Tim O'Brien wrote:

> Also, seems like we could move the tags in
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
> /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags

No problem as long as we preserve the history of the work done on
[configuration] when it was in the sandbox.

Emmanuel Bourg