Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by skay <it...@skay.ch> on 2019/06/06 12:17:43 UTC

Log4J2 on TomEE8

Hi,
I can't get any log with log4j2 over slf4J
I tried different ways, but none is working. As TomEE 8 uses slf4j +
slf4j-jdk14 how is it possible to switch to log4j2 ??
The problem is that I don't understand how to use log4j2-tomee-8.0.0-M3 ???
I didn't find any doc about this.

This is my latest trial
(1) remove slf4j-jdk1.4 [I would like to keep TomEE integrity / without
removing this jar, but I can't ]
(2) add following jars :
_log4j-slf4j-impl-2.11.1
_log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.25
_log4j-jul-2.11.1
_log4j-core-2.11.1
_log4j-api-2.11.1
_log4j2-tomee-8.0.0-M3
_disruptor-3.4.2
(3) add log4j2.xml in lib

And I still get

ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging implementation. Please
add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger to log to the console...

Thank you for any hints

BR