Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/09 14:47:56 UTC

Re: [drlvm] the big soup of VM properties (HARMONY-1626)

Here info about EM and JIT modules:

1) "org.apache.harmony.vm.vmdir" - EM uses this property to locate JIT
libraries.
2) "vm.use_interpreter" - EM uses this property to detect if it's
interpreter only mode.
3) "em.*" all EM properties. Actually there are only two today: a) "
em.properties" - the same as -Xem b) "em.jitPath" - to override JIT path for
all JITs in the active config
4) "jit.*" - parsed by Jitrino compiler. Strictly checked for correctness.

All of the properties above are used only during startup, before any user's
code is executed.

--
Mikhail Fursov

Re: [drlvm] the big soup of VM properties (HARMONY-1626)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Oct 9, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Mikhail Fursov wrote:

> Here info about EM and JIT modules:
>
> 1) "org.apache.harmony.vm.vmdir" - EM uses this property to locate JIT
> libraries.
> 2) "vm.use_interpreter" - EM uses this property to detect if it's
> interpreter only mode.
> 3) "em.*" all EM properties. Actually there are only two today: a) "
> em.properties" - the same as -Xem b) "em.jitPath" - to override JIT
> path for
> all JITs in the active config
> 4) "jit.*" - parsed by Jitrino compiler. Strictly checked for
> correctness.

Thanks.  I wasn't as concerned with the em* and jit* as much as the
props used for classpath setup...

geir