Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by davyme <me...@hotmail.com> on 2014/09/11 10:23:18 UTC

Facets not supporting multi language?

Hi,

I have 3 languages indexed in the same core. My core contains recipes with
seperate recipe properties on which I use faceting.
Example:
- property "dietary": EN: vegetarian, FR: vegetarien, NL: vegetarisch
- property "dish": EN: man dish, FR: plat principal, NL: hoofdgerecht

In my q parameter, I query the language: language:EN but facets return all
languages mixed up anayway.

Is this normal behavior and how can I get or filter facets in one language
only without splitting up fields or core?

Thanks!
Davy

RE: Facets not supporting multi language?

Posted by "Cario, Elaine" <El...@wolterskluwer.com>.
If you have some control over the value of the facet, could you prefix each facet value with the language, separated by some delimiter? (e.g. EN/vegetarian, FR/vegeterian,...).  Then use a facet.prefix to limit the facet values returned for the language you want (e.g. facet.prefix=FR).  Your application then just needs to do some simple substring handling to return only the actual facet value without the language.

The reason why I'm asking this is because I have no influence on the fields that are indexed. The CMS automatically does that. So there is no way for me to split up languages in seperate fields.

I can change the scheme.xml, but I don't know if there is a way to copy fields into seperate language fields.

So if there is a way without splitting fields, I would like to know it.

Thanks!

Re: Facets not supporting multi language?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
The way this is done in drupal and probably many others is that the facet fields are keywords from a taxonomy.
If you want to facet through single language, you probably want to separate the fields where you index each of the languages (so a field "text-en", "text-ft" through which you would facet.

paul