Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Peschier J. (Jeroen)" <j....@nedasco.nl> on 2006/04/07 13:04:48 UTC

[m2] ejb-client includes deployment descriptors...

I am experiencing problems with the ejb-client jar generated with Maven
2.0.3. It appears the deployement descriptors (ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml)
are being included in the client jar. Our war reference the client-ejb
jar with a classpath reference in its manifest. This causes problems
when deploying on JBoss 4.0.3sp1:

2006-04-07 12:10:46,430 WARN  ScannerThread
[org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Found non-jar deployer for
lib/xxx-1.0-client.jar: MBeanProxyExt[jboss.ejb:service=EJBDeployer]

I did a test where I manually removed the deployment descriptors from
the ejb-client.jar and then the above warning does not appear.

I think there are two sides to this issue:

(1) Maven should not include deployment descriptors in the ejb-client
jar.

(2) JBoss should not try to deploy jar files as ejbs.

Should I file a Jira issue for this?

Re: [m2] ejb-client includes deployment descriptors...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a bug in the way ejb-client is generated. File a report
against the ejb plugin. ;-)

(This could "easily" be fixed by including an <excludes> element in
the ejb plugin which specifies <ejbclient-excludes>...</> or something
so you can have separate excludes for the ejb jar and the ejb-client
jar...)

Wayne