Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com> on 2013/01/20 14:19:38 UTC

Network menu problems

Hello everybody,

in the CS UI I'm not able to select any network option in the Network
section: searching for information in the CS documents, I've seen that I
should be able to select a set of different views (Guest Network,
Security Groups...), but I have no choices.

Could you please help me to understand the reason?

Thanks in advance,

Gaspare

Re: Network menu problems

Posted by Isaac Chiang <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaspare:
          The screenshot is quite abnormal. Could you please describe your
environment and the reproduce steps for the issue?

Regards

Isaac

RE: Network menu problems

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
Agree with Isaac . It would be better to troubleshoot your issue if you can provide with that information and also the Firebug logs.

 Also , just for your information , the security group option would be displayed if you have a network successfully deployed in a basic zone since UI puts a restriction on when to display it .

Regards,
Pranav

Posted by Isaac Chiang <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaspare:

Re: Network menu problems

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
Good morning everybody,

have you any update about the proposed issue?

Thanks in advance,

Gaspare

On 21/01/2013 09:41, Gaspare A Silvestri wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've found with my development team that the following select has been
> configured as */'Display:none'/*:

> networks</label><select style="*display: none;*"><option
>
> By disabling this select, removing the none option, I'm able to see
> the select list, only in terms of Guest networks; I am still not able
> to select the sEcurity group option.
>
> I've attached the new screenshot at: http://tinypic.com/r/vwgb4/6
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gaspare
>
> On 21/01/2013 09:08, Gaspare A Silvestri wrote:
>> I confirm what Isaac wrote: the dropdown menu is missing.
>>
>> I will attach the Firebug log ASAP.
>>
>> Really thank you,
>>
>> Gaspare
>>
>> On 21/01/2013 06:53, Pranav Saxena wrote:
>>> Yeah , Gaspare is referring to that drop down only . I just verified
>>> from the code that one should be able to see the drop down
>>> containing two options for a basic zone - Networks and Security
>>> Groups . Apologize for not verifying it before.
>>>
>>> @Gaspare - We would need to see the firebug logs and as Isaac
>>> mentioned , few more details of your environment to figure out the
>>> problem .
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Pranav

**