Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2014/02/24 09:05:22 UTC

Re: Interested in working on WICKET-3341 issue.

Hi Ruchiranga,

Thank you for your interest in helping us!
The best way to start contributing is to get in touch with the project
team.
Unfortunately I am not the best person to help with WICKET-3341. This task
requires requires more web design skills than (web) development skills.
>From the short resume of your skills I see that you are like me - more a
mathematician/logical guy than an artist.
Anyway, if you think that you can help and this task would be fun for you
then you have these options:

*) clone https://github.com/dashorst/wicket-site and improve it
*) create a completely new design

In both cases you can share your work with us (by giving us the url to your
GitHub/BitBucket/... project) and/or attaching screenshots in the ticket.
I can help you with the setup of Jekyll - the tool we use to build the
static site.
I hope other people here will help you with the task itself - the web
design.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting

Posted by Thanuditha Ruchiranga <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Thank you for the helpful response. What you told was right, but I thought
it won't be that much of a problem since the issue page has also attached a
couple of screen shots of how the site might look like and i thought what
was asked was to design a web page by getting some idea from the attached
screen shots. But is it a completely new design that is expected actually?
or will taking an idea from the given screen shots would do the required
task?

Thanks
Ruchiranga