Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Koning <pk...@equallogic.com> on 2005/09/09 17:20:53 UTC

Server sizing

I've been asked to do planning for a Subversion setup (to replace an
existing CVS based one).  It's a pretty big repository: 7 GB in CVS
form, 4 years of active development history.  (A test conversion of
about 30% of it produced 25,000 revisions.)

I'm interested in server size recommendations.  The server would be
running Linux (x86-32 flavor).  The machine we're likely to use right
now has 1 GB of memory in it, which seems a bit low.

Should I ask for more?  If so, how much?

       paul

Re: Server sizing

Posted by Joshua Varner <jl...@gmail.com>.
On 9/9/05, Paul Koning <pk...@equallogic.com> wrote:
> I've been asked to do planning for a Subversion setup (to replace an
> existing CVS based one).  It's a pretty big repository: 7 GB in CVS
> form, 4 years of active development history.  (A test conversion of
> about 30% of it produced 25,000 revisions.)
>
> I'm interested in server size recommendations.  The server would be
> running Linux (x86-32 flavor).  The machine we're likely to use right
> now has 1 GB of memory in it, which seems a bit low.
>
> Should I ask for more?  If so, how much?

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#server-requirements

Josh