Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by sk k <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/01 20:00:52 UTC

Extending Log4j

Hi,

I am trying to extends log4j to provide custom logging
levels like TRACE etc.

I have gone through the examples which shows the
extension mechanism and I have implemented based on
the samples but my question is
- How do you add filters to pickup new logging levels
( TRACE, AUDIT etc) or what changes need to be made to
log4j to pickup the new levels when doing filtering.

      <filter
class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelRangeFilter">
         <param name="LevelMin" value="AUDIT" />
         <param name="LevelMax" value="AUDIT" />
         <param name="AcceptOnMatch" value="true" />
      </filter>

- By default the DOM configurator is setting the
filter level to DEBUG and it is not able to see the
new levels. How can I make the configurator to use the
new levels converter(toLevel method in custom classes)
while mapping from string to level objects.

Thanks