Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Igor Romanov <ri...@nizhny.ru> on 2000/05/24 15:17:55 UTC

how to output xml

Hi!

I have news articles stored in DB in html format (<P>,<BR>,<I>,<U>
tags present) theres no problem to convert it to XML but I just don't
know how to output it from java program called inside XSP so, that
string taken from DB become a part of resulting XML but not &lt;P&gt;
and so on...
Must I parse this string myself and manually add necessary nodes to
document tree? Or this process can be automated?
This problem makes me unable to continue on my curent project 8((((
Please help!

thanks...

Igor Romanov (RiO)

Re: how to output xml

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 05:17:55PM +0400, Igor Romanov wrote:
> Must I parse this string myself and manually add necessary nodes to
> document tree? Or this process can be automated?

Unfortunately, yes. You should be able to use Xerces or whatever
to parse it into a document tree though, which'll make life a
little easier.

I can't think of an easier way of doing it, off the top of my
head...

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.

RE: how to output xml

Posted by Alistair Hopkins <al...@berthengron.co.uk>.
If the problem is to pass html nodes through xml without them being removed,
use CDATA sections: enclose it in

![CDATA[<html>htmlfile</html>]]

and the html will arrive at the browser intact.

hope this helps