Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Joel Roth-Nater <jr...@quoininc.com> on 2000/10/17 23:32:29 UTC

trouble importing nodes into doc

hi there,

i'm trying to merge two documents by doing the following

	1: doc1 = parse( ... )
	2: doc2 = parse( ... ) // re-using parser object
	3:
	4: node1 = doc1.find( ... )
	5: node2 = doc2.find( ... )
	6:
	7: newNode1 = doc1.import( node2, true )
	8: node1.getParentNode().replaceChild( node1, newNode1 )

the import at 7: throws a DOM_DOMException with code 8
( NOT_FOUND_ERR ) and no message, and i never get to 8:

i've checked that both documents are healthy and the find
operations in 4: and 5: return valid nodes.
what am i missing?

any insight is greatly appreciated.

thanks -- joel

Re: trouble importing nodes into doc

Posted by Tony Wuebben <wu...@lexis-nexis.com>.
Joel:

The correct syntax for replaceChild() is
replaceChild(newChild,oldChild);
therefore your statement should be
node1.getParentNode().replaceChild(newNode1,node1);

Hopefully this is your problem, I'm doing what your doing below without
any errors.

Tony