Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Owen Byrne <ow...@mail.dcu.ie> on 2005/11/08 09:56:14 UTC

slide & https

Hi All,

I've written a webdav client which works fine over http. I'm now trying to
enable it to operate over https and I've hit

problems. I'm using a self-signed RSA certificate and have configured my
webdav-enabled tomcat server to use this cert. (This

works fine as i can access webdav content using other webdav clients). However,
when I try to establish

a webdav resource over https with my own code:

uri="https://localhost:8443/obyrne_test/";

HttpsURL url = new HttpsURL(uri);

WebdavResource w = new WebdavResource(url,DepthSupport.DEPTH_1);

w.setDebug(4);

if ( w != null){

	System.out.println("Webdavresource is not null");

	if(!w.getExistence()){

		System.out.println("But does not exist");

         }

}

after running, the above code indicates that the webdavresource does not
exist. No exceptions are thrown and no debug

info is displayed. This works absolutely fine when I access it over http:
ie

uri="http://localhost:8080/webdav/";

I know the content is available over https://localhost:8443/webdav/ as I've
successfully accessed it using other webdav clients -however I do get prompted
with a security alert prompting me
 to accept the certificate -something I don't when running my own code. Is
there a way to do this?

Has anyone else got webdav working with https using a self-signed cert? All
ideas/advice welcome!

Many Thanks for your help,

Owen